Archanea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of our varied guild branches, Welcome to all new members

HomeArchanea MainLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archanea welcomes all it's new members, please be sure to introduce yourself in the general forum.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Message in a bottle
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 10:26 am by EvilBobijn

» Miss you guys!
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 am by Idenn

» Haven't gotten the chance to introduce even though I'm in guild for a while.
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 2:52 pm by Fixer

» Coral, Orange, Something else entirely?
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 2:45 am by Alaia

» All Dah Space + Too many Windows
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 am by Alaia

» Guild Survey
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 5:42 pm by Idenn

» Time Out
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:46 am by shadoworld56

» Guild Raidcall
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 6:48 am by Mr.Blazinjay

» April Fools Meeting - Ft. Sabina
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 9:18 pm by Idenn

Poll
Should we continue using the shivtr site or renew the forum's domain name.
Keep the Shivtr site.
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas I_vote1080%Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas I_vote11
 80% [ 4 ]
Get rid of shivtr and restore the forum's domain name.
Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas I_vote1020%Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas I_vote11
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorinn
Thorinn

Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:22 am

First things first. The specs for the next guild meeting are

Where: Idenn's homestead, channel 5
When: 3pm Pacific time, 5pm Central, and 6pm Eastern
Day of Next Meeting: February 8th
*If you're curious about how the days are selected, it's the last day of the first full week of the month (a Saturday), and the last Sunday of the month.

Okay. Once everyone got there, Idenn went through the list of things we posted in the last thread. Here's what I got out of it:

All Raids
     Idenn made the decision concerning all raids that there will be a board formed for the organizing of such raids, but that they will not be official guild events because they naturally exclude our lower leveled players. (Would you want to face a dragon you can do absolutely nothing against?) This includes RD, WD, and BD raids as well as field bosses, Peaca and other dungeon raids. So if you want to organize a raid, or join someone else's raid, then hop on over to the raid forums and check it out! (I'll add a link here later.) Update: You can now send your non-guild-member friends to the raid forums.

Treasure Hunts
     It is my understanding that for now, Treasure Hunts fall under the category of "All Raids", although we may do something with this in the future.

Dungeon/Commerce Relay
     There was talk of a relay event in which teams would be utilized. Idenn suggested a setup in order to balance the teams, so as to even the playing field. Teams would consist of 5-6 players to begin with. However, for every total 2k in the team, there would be one less slot. That way, each team would have at least roughly the same power. Therefore, someone who has 10k levels would have to be on a team by themselves. We will be discussing this further at future meetings.

Introductions&Sharing
     We did not introduce ourselves at the meeting, so for those of you who weren't there or didn't make the first five minutes, it's okay. This meeting was informal, and on top of that, there was only one new member who was able to make it. However, there was an idea put forth about a newbie catwalk - a way for us to get to know each other with flare, while having fun. What kind of ways would you prefer to get to know us? Please, suggest more!

Place to Hang Out
     We have a guild hall, but noone goes there often anyway. There was a suggestion made of the square in Tir as well. In fact, the reasoning behind the guild meeting location being Idenn's homestead was that it's easier to click on her name than physically travel to a place.

Skype Group
     We have a thread dedicated to the skype group already - it's called High Tea Talk - Without the tea.

Achievements/Awards/Rewards
     We discussed some potential achievements, awards and rewards for those, but nothing is set in stone. If you have an idea, please say so! This is the next section of the member handbook Idenn is working on, so if you have any serious ideas, they're sure to be considered! 

Banner Contest
     Putting this on its own separate paragraph is actually rather selfish of me, but lets ignore that for now. So there's going to be a banner contest! If you know how to hold a pencil, you should design a banner! If you know how to operate photoshop, even as a novice or rF, you should design a banner! If you know how to make anything vaguely appealing to the eye, please! For the love of god make a banner!

February Events
     Kira (Or Kiblaze) is hosting our February Lifeskills Event! He will be working out the details with Idenn and posting a thread explaining the details later. 
     There was a raffle at the end of the meeting, with a prize of a white electric guitar. Congradulations, Shiyo!
     It was also decided by vote that we would do a weekly raffle for the month of February instead of a collection event.

Aaaand that's it! That is all I can remember, at least. Those of you who were there, if you could kindly check my post for errors, it would be much appreciated.
Also, we'll have a transcript of the meeting up later. Don't forget to post your opinions here, and any suggestions for topics at the next meeting!

Last edited by Thorinn on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiyorie
RTFW Leader
Shiyorie

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:17 am

Wow, I love the way you organized this! Beats the ones Imagination dished out, haha. :D

A couple things, if you want to add them in:

Thorinn wrote:
Treasure Hunts
     It is my understanding that for now, Treasure Hunts fall under the category of "All Raids", although we may do something with this in the future.
This only refers to the Falias Treasure Quest, which requires a Falias Fragment to be put forth; the broad idea of "treasure hunts" are still up for events, as long as someone is willing to organize it.

Thorinn wrote:
Dungeon/Commerce Relay
May want to add that this was declared as the guild event for March.

&LOL at your banner propaganda. Made my .. hour. xD
Back to top Go down
Reckiev

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Alright, kiddies, gather around, it's meeting transcript  storytime with Reckiev Gift Sack the Nutcracker!

Transcript of Meeting happenings:
And that's all she wrote!
...Or, well, that's all THEY wrote, technically, but, you guys get the point. Welp, until next time, then!  afro

Last edited by Reckiev on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thorinn
Thorinn

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Thanks Shiyo, I missed both of those things! Also, I had no idea (still have very little idea) what a Falias Treasure Hunt is, so yeah... for those of you who do know, we thought about it!

Also, thanks for the transcript, Rek.
Back to top Go down
Shiyorie
RTFW Leader
Shiyorie

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Whoaaa, that's awesomee.
Except for how it grays out mid-way through. But otherwise awesome! D:
Back to top Go down
Reckiev

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Shirogane wrote:
Whoaaa, that's awesomee.
Except for how it grays out mid-way through. But otherwise awesome! D:
Yeah, apparently the site decided sometime between when I posted the transcript and tried to edit it so that the transcript wasn't the same color as the spoiler background that the post was too long and i can no longer edit it. I'll probably just cut it up into two posts and do it that way, then.
Back to top Go down
Thorinn
Thorinn

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Next guild meeting is in a week, on February 8th, a Saturday. 

Post here for ideas about the guild layout and organization, and perhaps rules/regulations, awards, ect. If you have any other ideas, those would be welcome, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas   Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Meeting Summary and Topic Ideas
Page 1 of 1